Holden colorado 2016 touch screen issue advice (not fishing related)

Gday guys my son just brought home a 2016 colorado all good with it otherwise but when he got home he realised the touchscreen works only intermittently or not at all (didnt think to check it at the dealership). The quick fixes seem to be detach neg battery terminal to reboot, go to menu select factory reset or remove unit and check fine wiring. If all fails an electronics place in queensland says they fix them for $495  + $45 postage. Just wondering if anybody used an electronic place here in perth if they have had the same issue. Apparantly its an issue with touch screens in others car makes and models as well cheers for any advice

Faulkner Family's picture

Date Joined: 11/03/08

Should be a 3 month warranty

Thu, 2024-07-11 14:21

Should be a 3 month warranty with it. Take back to the dealer and they should fix the problem as the car should be in proper working order

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together

sunshine's picture

Date Joined: 03/03/09

If it cost over $7,000 from memory and has not done ? 150,000 km

Thu, 2024-07-11 18:19

Then it MUST come with a three month warranty and it is the dealer who is responsible to fix the issue. This applies to both mechanical and, critically here, electrical problems.

Lefty 44's picture

Date Joined: 04/12/17

Common issue

Fri, 2024-07-12 08:28

Had a heap of these as work utes at my last job and most had this issue.

Ended up replacing them with after market screens that had Android/Apple Auto.

About the same price as you have been quoted and mush better units.

Bradmac73's picture

Date Joined: 22/03/17

Pajero

Fri, 2024-07-12 15:20

My Pajero has done the same thing intermittently for a year or more now. Factory reset didn't fix nor did the battery terminal detach/reattach which were also suggested. If I turn the car off and then start again usually fixes it though and given it's intermittent I haven't bothered going further with a fix.  

Having now typed that I realise it is information that does not solve your problem 

Date Joined: 14/05/12

Same as lefty

Sat, 2024-07-13 15:05

Assuming it isn't covered under warranty, better off replacing the whole unit with a new one that is 10x better.

i did it with my sons Colorado and it's quite easy to take the old unit out and just plug the new one in.

CJ industries supplies ours and it's been perfect. Was about $500 from memory- or about that.

im sure there are other options out there as well. 

Piggy's picture

Date Joined: 24/08/12

Ebay apple car play replacement

Sun, 2024-07-14 18:05

Buy an apple car play replacement unit from Brash imports off Ebay, thats what I did. I have a 2015 colorado. Works perfectly 

I go boating not fishing

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Recently hire a car in

Mon, 2024-07-15 16:18

Recently hire a car in Melbourne using Apple car play, was better than my Ranger's sat nav. 

Just quickly mate have you booked for next year? Heading up there ANZAC day. 

Love the West!

Piggy's picture

Date Joined: 24/08/12

Trying.....

Sun, 2024-07-21 08:29

We have been trying since we went last time to book the fishing lodge to get more people to come along but they dont have any good dates available. Think they have early April or Easter weekend. Prefferably we want right at the end of April / Early may but I dont think it is going to happen so we might be booking cabins again haha

I go boating not fishing

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Sun, 2024-07-21 08:56

Love the West!